Thursday, September 23, 2010

Celtic Morning Prayer







The Celtic scholar, Alexander Carmichael, spent his life collecting prayers, songs and poetry of the Celts, which resulted in the 6 volume Carmina Gadelica - a treasury of Celtic spirituality.

I love the simplicity of this Morning Prayer and so thought I'd share it with you. In fact, I'm planning on personalising it and writing my own version. You might like to do the same adding particular activities or names of family members etc. Maybe we could share our prayers with each other.
God's Aid
God to enfold me, 
God to surround me,
God in my speaking,
God in my thinking.
God in my sleeping,
God in my waking,
God in my watching, 
God in my hoping.
God in my life,
God in my lips,
God in my soul,
God in my heart.
God in my sufficing,
God in my slumber,
God in mine ever-living soul,
God in mine eternity.
(Carmina Gadelica III, 53)



3 comments:

  1. Sorry for the typos in this prayer. Have just corrected them. I blame my iPad, which has a vocabulary all of its own!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog. Please leave me a message: